Terms & Conditions
We support the responsible service of alcohol across Australia. Under the Liquor Act 1990 (TAS), it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
Similar laws against selling or supplying alcohol to minors apply across Australia.
- We offer a flat shipping rate for customer orders within the Hobart metropolitan area (or within 20km of the brewery).
- We offer Australia wide shipping rates based upon the volume of your order.
- We generally ship from our online store once a week on a Monday (except if a public holiday) to minimise the time your beer spends out of refrigeration. This means Sunday night is the cut off for shipping that next week. Please keep this in mind when placing your order.
- We are unable to hold orders for a delivery on a specific date.
- All orders are shipped through Sendle.
After placing your order, you will receive an email confirmation.
Then, once your order has been processed, you'll receive a second email confirming that your order has been shipped and on its way to you.
Shipping times vary but your beer should arrive within 2 to 10 business days after dispatch, depending on your location.
If you don't receive your beer within 10 business days of the confirmation email, please let us know via email.
Click & Collection order - Pick Up from the brewery
Unfortunately we can no longer offer lock pick up, due to current licensing conditions.
We only accept orders within Australia and do not accept international orders at this time.
Receiving your order
- Beer will not be delivered to an unattended address. If the courier tries to make a delivery and the location is unattended, the package will need to be picked up from a depot.
- Beer must be signed for by a person over 18 years at the time of delivery.
- If the delivery address is entered incorrectly.
- It is the responsibility of the receiver to organise the address change with the courier.
- A change of address fee may be charged by the courier service to the receiver.
- Deliveries are made during business hours Monday to Friday, however we are unable to give a guaranteed time of delivery.
- No deliveries are made on public holidays or weekends.
- Please enjoy our beer responsibly.
By purchasing products via our store, you are agreeing that you have no right to change or cancel an order.
However, we may (in our sole discretion) accept a request by you to cancel or change an order, subject to you providing proof of purchase and the products being returned in their original condition and unopened packaging. You must also agree to pay any shipping costs and reasonable processing fees.
If you wish to change or cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible via email.
If you have received a product that you believe is defective in anyway, please send us an email with photos describing your concerns. We will get back to you and may ask you to return any unopened items for review.
By purchasing products via our store, you are agreeing that prior to delivery we may at any time, terminate the agreement to provide you the products you ordered, in whole or in part.
We may do this even if we have received payment from you or sent you an invoice.
Any such termination shall be given with as much reasonable cancellation notice as we are able to provide via any of the addresses you provided during the registration process. The circumstances in which we may terminate include, but are not limited to:
- any of the ordered products subject of your order are not available;
- there was any error in the description of any products subject of your order or their price as advertised by us;
- your order is in breach of these Terms or any other relevant conditions, or is contrary to a person’s rights or to any law.
Data & Internet Privacy
We are obliged to follow the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) – Australia and industry position papers written on the subject of digital privacy.
With regards to Google Analytics, the cookie files contain information that is used by Google to keep statistics on how many people visit each page, how long they are on one page, what other pages they open and what country they are located in. In addition, they record things like, pages or links copied and shared by users, on their social media channels. These statistics are stored anonymously, but in most cases included a record of the IP address from where the user originated.
Cookies can be reset or cleared from your browser at any time, by following the instructions provided by the browser provider.
As our site is very simple and anonymous in the way that it collects data, we have arrived at the position in consultation with the regulations, that this site does not require an active pop up or acknowledgement of cookies. It is for this reason, we have excluded a pop up from the arrival sequence of this site.
Direct enquires & sales
Any direct email enquiries via our contact forms, are first stored within our email inbox. If you become a customer, this information is transferred to our customer records platform within Shopify.
External data handling
In some cases, we may use another company or software to store and handle data about you. We call this a data processor. In cases where we use data processors, we must ensure that we have entered into data processor agreements that regulate how the data processor can process data that is made available.
The standard for this is that the agreement with the data processor can only process personal data on our behalf and for clearly defined purposes.
These are reputable, secure services we use to operate our business, for example Shopify.
Further information about the external data handling can be obtained by contacting us directly.
Questions or concerns?
Please don't hesitate to reach out and contact us should you have any specific questions or concerns.